New covers!

 

This new cover was "Worth the Wait"! 

Writing well isn't enough. The world is full of great books nobody ever reads. If I had known, when I started writing the Small-Town Secrets series, how much I would need to learn about formatting, graphic design and promotion, I'd never have attempted it.

But here I am, with fresh new covers coming and a new book out very soon! This cover is for the first book in the series. I'll share the others soon.

It's worth noting that I had the same feeling after becoming the editor of my small town's daily newspaper many years ago. That job had so much responsibility and required so many different skills. Not just writing and editing but managing a staff and keeping to a budget, dealing with union issues, placating angry subscribers ... I felt just the same with that job. "If I had known it was going to be this hard, I'd have been afraid to have accepted the job." But I managed to develop every skill necessary. I'm very proud of having done a great job as a newspaper editor, and I'm hopeful that if I could manage that, I can figure out all the moving parts to writing romances, too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Ever Faked It?

Beagles and books!

The secret lives of small towns