Crazy About Stories?

Tell Me Another Story!

We all love stories. Our ancient ancestors told stories around the fire at night. That was their entertainment, but it was also their oral history, which was the only history they had at that point. 

We all still love stories, whether it's reading a book or watching a movie. But it would be a mistake to think stories are only entertainment. They are, but they're also so much more. My little granddaughter loves to hear stories about Queen Fluff and her cat kingdom. Incidentally, the cats in that kingdom cannot get enough asparagus. They grow and harvest it and then feast on various asparagus dishes. Queen Fluff's Favorite is an asparagus dish made with pasta and parmesan cheese. Do I have to tell you that my granddaughter loves asparagus now? 

When I started a job at an advertising and marketing agency, I was taught to "tell a story" with my ads, and I realized I had been marketing asparagus to my granddaughter all along.

I don't work at an agency anymore, but I realized soon after writing my first romance novel, Worth the Wait, that I could not just spend all day writing stories, as much as I do want that. Nope, I have to market and advertising them, too. That's what I'm doing right now, of course. 

I'd rather be finishing No. 6, "Laws of Attraction," but I have taken a few minutes out of my day to say hello to my readers. If you haven't read my books yet, give them a read. The one pictured above is Crazy Little Thing, and if smart and steamy small-town romance is your jam, I think you'll like it.

And if you'd like to sign up for my newsletter, click here or paste this link into your browser:

http://eepurl.com/hcE4nb?fbclid=IwAR0hLoYojomCpwHzYkY4WJ3V02BqFVCjjn4_PZbpIDJZreZEd6MMx61pw4Q.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Ever Faked It?

Beagles and books!

The secret lives of small towns